The church consists of a rectangular nave, a three-sided presbytery with pillars, a storeyed sacristy and a bell tower. The church was built in 1579 (consecrated in 1621) in a style that indicates that it was built in the last stages of the Gothic period. The bell tower was added in the 17th century. In 1804 the church was transformed, the vaults were modified and the window openings changed. The altar is a post-Baroque work dating back to 1847. The pulpit was built in the 19th century,
but the statues of the Evangelists are Baroque. The painting of the suffering Jesus dates back to the late 18th century.
The Kalobje manuscript, which was found in the presbytery in Kalobje, was written between 1643 and 1651 by an unknown author. Judging from the dialect, the author originated from Carniola. It contains prayers, an extract from the catechism and 45 religious hymns.
The parish celebrates the main pilgrimage holiday in early September, on the first Sunday after the Nativity of Our Lady.